To combat driver complacency, we have recently developed a range of random message VMS (Variable Message Signs) and VAS (Vehicle Activated Signs). These products have proved effective over longer periods of time due to the alternating messages, they are also produced using LED lights.
You can choose from single message, dual message or multi message VMS. A benefit of multi message VMS is that they can be used at various sites, operating different speed limits. They hold the capacity to hold data for in excess of 500,000 vehicles, giving Speed & Traffic Volume information.
Rotating prism and variable message signs:
- Traffic signals
- LRT signals (light rail travel)
- Livestock crossing equipment
- Railway crossing equipment
- Airfield signals
Our interactive variable signs are able to display different messages in different conditions or at different times.
Methods of Activation:
- Induction loop
- Weight sensor
- Height sensor
- Flood warning sensor
- Speed Activated
The latest data collection technology can be built in to allow the sign to be used to either survey traffic patterns or monitor real driver behaviour.
- Improved traffic flow
- Sustained long-term speed reductions
- Reduce accidents
- Regular road users avoid triggering the signs by slowing in advance
- Speed reductions under posted speed limit
- Speed reductions without enforcement
- High driver approval rating
- Low annual costs
- In line with our ISO 14001 environmental management system accreditation, Signature provides green solutions with solar and/or wind power options. The wind/solar power generation can be remote and installed further from the interactive sign where the weather and site conditions are optimal.